Sunday, November 22, 2009

Human Rights and Art

I'm doing an art series in drawing on human rights and I wanted to know if you guys could help me out. I'm doing 5 drawings, each based off an emotion that either causes people to violate human rights or inspires them to adhere to human rights. The first one I'm working on is hate and I've been doing lots of research on different definitions and reasons why people hate. It would be great if you could post and words, ideas, images, stories, etc. of your view of hate (why people hate, what it is, how it effects people...etc.) If you don't feel comfortable posting it to the blog you can e-mail me. OMeny@clarku.edu

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Nothing unites people better than a common enemy. So scapegoats are often hated.

    Um... and then drawing upon themes from Wicked and Harry Potter
    Are people born with hate? And as both of these stories conclude, no it is something people learn when they don't learn to love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your art series and I think it is coming along great! I really liked the ones you did for hate and hope. I think both of these were a great contrast to each other and demonstrated your theme of how emotions can lead to violations of human rights or be used to prevent them.

    Also, it would be interesting if you had focused on the role of the bystander as well as the perpetrator and victim. It would show how apathy and ignorance can lead to gross violations too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.